Name: Janine Eshelbrenner
Birthday: April 16th
Blog Name: sugarkissed.net
Location: Dallas, TX
I have years of experience in Marketing and Graphic Design, which has come in really handy in the current small business that my husband and I own.
When & how did you become a cake pop maker?
My addiction to sweets began with a batch of obese looking gingerbread men that I made one Christmas. Despite the fact that the cookies were seriously lacking in the beauty department, they were a big hit. That’s all it took to get me interested in the world of sugar art! I started with decorated sugar cookies and then began experimenting with cake pops. Many hours filled with baking, decorating, and photographing followed.
Do you bake as your full-time job?
No. I work full-time at a sign and graphic business that my husband and I own.
What inspires you in your baking; how do you come up with original ideas?
I get most of my inspiration from the things in life that I love. Whether it’s an adored pet or a game I enjoy playing, it’s a lot of fun to create sweet treats that remind me of my favorite things. When I am making a treat for someone else, I try to do the same thing and focus on what they love.
What are some of your favorite cake pops that you have made?
What advice do you have for other cake pop makers?
Practice, practice, practice. How cake pops turn out has a lot to do with temperature. The more you work with them, they easier it is to know when something is too hot or too cold.
Do you make anything else in addition to cake pops?
I also love to decorate sugar cookies! I have fun experimenting with all different kinds of sweets but cake pops and cookies are my favorite.
OK, some non-baking questions…
- Favorite TV show or movie: Right now I’m lovin’ Game of Thrones and I can’t wait till Breaking Bad is back on.
- Favorite book: Cookie Craft helped me a lot when I first started decorating cookies
- Favorite candy: Jelly Belly jellybeans! Yum!
- Favorite celebrity: Matt Damon aka Jason Bourne
- If you could have any super power, what would it be, and why? I would love to be able to fly. Seriously, how cool would that be? Plus, no more rush hour traffic!
How can people find you?