After my North East Cake Poppers Meet-Up, there was a big response for me to host another event. I asked my blog & social media audiences where I should host the next one, and I received the biggest response from southern California – so just a few weeks after NECPMU, I started planning.
On Saturday, November 9th, the Orange County Cake Poppers Meet-Up was held at Doug’s Downtown Grill, in Garden Grove, CA. Search #OCCPMU on Instagram for hundreds of pictures from the event.
At check-in, each attendee received a name tag, event program and a SWAG BAG full of goodies! See the end of this post for your chance to snag some swag!
Doug and his team did an outstanding job; the staff was very nice and the food was SO delicious – spinach artichoke dip, sausage and peppers, chicken and more.
Nicole, of Bella’s Bakery & Bowtique (above with Doug), created a stunning dessert table. Please see the end of this post for deets on the sweets.
Look at these cake pops!
JenaeCreates made really cute props & decorations for our photo booth corner. Everyone had so much fun snapping silly pictures throughout the day. Karyn (Pint Sized Baker) and I did too…
Our Raffle Table was full of amazing prizes. We called four winners every 30 minutes, so the giveaways lasted throughout the day.
Kip and Connie from BRP Box Shop came with boxes a’ plenty. BRP graciously allowed attendees to “shop for their swag”, choosing their own pieces from BRP’s website. Then, they packaged those items into these boxes with hand-written personalized name tags… so thoughtful!
Kip and Connie also led a focus group on what cake poppers need from the box world. The attendees gave them great feedback and suggestions on things from box types to colors and more.
Next, I led a discussion on “Do’s & Don’ts: Social Media Best Practices”. I talked about hot topics such as online ethics, types of posts, engaging your audience and shared some important brand-building tips that I’ve learned along the way. That’s me standing on the left, with jazz hands, haha.
Next, we had an all-star cake pop discussion panel. From left to right: Karyn (Pint Sized Baker), Kris (kCreative), Pam (Cake Ball Love), Angie (O Pops by Angie) and Yuki (Creative Edibles by Yuki). Attendees had really great questions for panel, and they all shared insightful knowledge and experience. There were quite a few people taking pictures behind me, so no one knew quite where to look and smile.
Getting a group picture of our entire group was equally challenging… fitting 60 people into a small section of the restaurant, multiple cameras and trying to get everyone to pay attention at the same time. But we managed, sort of, and laughs ensued.
We wrapped up the day with Kris doing a book signing of her new cake pop book, Pop Art!
Planning an event in California from New Jersey would not have been possible without my spectacularly amazing planning committee! Left to right: Adri (maskipops.by.adri), Nicole (Bella’s Bakery & Bowtique), Ella (Lollicakes by Ella) and me. These ladies worked so hard, and I’m so grateful for their support.
Now… the OCCPMU Swag Bag Giveaway!!!
One lucky KC Bakes reader will win…
- Aardvark paper straws
- BRP boxes not pictured
- Candiquik candy coating and calendar
- Claudine Hellmuth Etsy coupon
- Classic Cake treat bags, sticks and sanding sugar
- GIR spatula
- Gus + Marley confetti and vinyl sticker
- Heavenly Cake Pop e-book coupon
- Lollicakes by Ella bow mold
- Marshfellows cake pop charm
- Maskipops.by.Adri bling & pearl sticks
- OXO adjustable measuring cup
- Paper Glitter kraft heart stickers
- Photojojo coupon
- Roni’s Sugar Creations cello bag
- Spinning Leaf snowman cookie mold
- Sprinkles ‘N Stuff sprinkles
- Sweets & Treats Boutique quarter foil goodie bags
- Sweets from Heaven Orange assorted candies
- The Makery Izze chapstick
- Tote bag donated by Bayked Treasures
- Tote bag tag from JenaeCreates
Giveaway closed. Congrats to Leslie R.!
Bella’s Bakery & Bowtique Dessert Table vendors:
1. Treats by Bella’s Bakery & Bowtique
– Chocolate Cake Bites
– Vanilla Cake Pops
– Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
– Caramel Meringues
– Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
– Mini Chocolate-Covered Oreos
2. Macarons by Felt + Flour
3. Sugar Cookies by Sugary Sweet Cupcakes and Treats
4. Alfajores by Dulce Cookies by Melonnie
5. Labels by JenaeCreates
6. Banner by Gus + Marley
7. Tablecloth by Candy Crush Shop