I love movies. So does my whole family. We practically speak in movie quotes…
If you were to ask, “How’s the weather?”, my dad would likely reply, “You got a window? Open it.” (Good Morning, Vietnam)
When we are comparing two things that are similar, someone will inevitably say, “They’re i- *clap* -dentical!” (My Cousin Vinny)
Going to the movies is such an adventure. Walking up to the theater, you can always smell the rich scent of buttery popcorn. But then you get to the concession stand, and there are so many yummy chocolate candies… it can be so hard to choose!
I’ve come up with a delicious treat that satisfies both salty & sweet… Movie Theater Chocolate!
With only 3 ingredients, it’s easy-peezy to make – LorAnn Oils Buttered Popcorn flavoring oil, chocolate melts, and some crunchies.
Bakerella recently debuted her own line of Make’n Mold chocolates, one of which is this beautiful Sunny Yellow – the perfect color association for popcorn.
LorAnn oils are super concentrated, a little bit goes a long way. I added 1/4 tsp. to half a bag of candy melts… you can use more/less depending how strong of a buttery popcorn taste you’d like.
Using Make’n Mold’s Break Up Candy Bar Mold, start with a thin layer of “popcorn chocolate’, then immediately sprinkle on some Rice Krispies.
If you’re out of Krispies, like I was, you can use crushed Special K (no one will ever know… unless you blog about it, haha).
You can also use crushed Oreos or a toffee crunch mixture!
Make’n Mold’s Salted Caramel melts are so delicious. For just a hint of this flavor, add a little swirl of candy, rather than a whole layer of it.
Set these to the side for a few minutes to firm up while you are melting candy for the next step.
Fill ‘er up! Bakerella’s Chocolate Fudge wafers are the perfect pairing to top off this treat.
Tap the plastic mold against the table to get rid of air bubbles. When you are happy with how the chocolate has settled, pop the tray into the fridge for just a few minutes.
Ta da! Don’t you just love the color?
“When this baby hits 88mph, you’re going to see some serious sh–“… um… chocolate🙂
What is your favorite movie quote? Let’s hear some classics!
LorAnn Oils are so versatile! Check out these amazing ideas using LorAnn Oils for cakes, cookies, pudding – even sink freshening tabs!
- Strawberry Fudge from The Stylish Nest
- Pumpkin Spice Latte French Macarons from Rickabamboo
- Amaretto Cookies from The Blonde in the Apron
- No Soda Root Beer Cupcakes and Frosting from Juggling Act Mama
- Coffee Donuts from the First Year Blog
- Pumpkin Spice Brownie Cookies from Flippin’ Delicious
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake from The Frugal Foodie Mama
- Sink Freshening Tabs in a Snap from Christina, Plain and Simple
- Marshmallow Cookies with Princess Cake Frosting from Mom’s Busy Helper
- White Chocolate Key Lime Shortbread from It Bakes Me Happy
- Toasted Coconut Hot Chocolate from Delightful E Made
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Smoothie from Nel’s Nook
- Cinnamon Spice Cake with Caramel Frosting from Hezzi-D’s Book and Cooks
- Almond Cake Cookies with Cinnamon Spice Glaze from Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Princess Sand Tarts from Diary of a Recipe Collector
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Cinnamon Glaze from Deliciously Sprinkled
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Purple People Eater Popcorn Balls from Seven Alive
- Green Apple High Hat Cupcakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding Parfait from Fearlessly Creative Mamas
- Mango Butter Cake from Clark’s Condensed
- Pistachio Lemon cake from Self Proclaimed Foodie
- Apple Crumb Coffee Cake from Healthy Deliciou
- Chocolate Chip Horchata Zucchini Bread from Plate to Gate
- Key Lime Cookies from Cooking with Curls
- Key Lime Margarita Cookies from Lori’s Culinary Adventures
- Chocolate Irish Cream Bundt Cake from Lynsey Lou’s
- Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies from Never Skip Dessert
- Maple Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Salted Maple Caramel Sauce from the Paisley Barn
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Cream Puffs from That’s my Home
- Citrus Body Scrub from Melissa’s Cuisine
- Pumpkin Spiced Tres Leches Cake from Flavor Mosaic
- Salted Caramel Meringue Cookies from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pumpkin Toffee from Eazy Peazy Meals
- Movie Theater Chocolate from KC Bakes
- Lactose Free Bacarian Cream Pudding from Travel Parent
- Red Velvet Muffins from I Love my Disorganized Life
- Maple Bacon Fruit Dip from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Maple Macadamia Nut Bread Pudding from Awesome on $20 a Day
- Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn Snacks from Grumpy’s Honey Bunch
- Cranberry Cheesecake Bites from Lady Behind the Curtain
- Pumpkin French Macarons from Sweet and Savory by Shinee
- Caramelized Apple Spice Cake from The Freshman Cook