Background: Waitress & Marketing Director
When & how did you become a cake pop maker?
I became a cake pop maker after experimenting with new recipes using CandiQuik Coatings…then I became obsessed with them!
Do you bake as your full-time job?
I am the marketing director, blogger, and recipe developer for CandiQuik Coatings – love it!
What inspires you in your baking; how do you come up with original ideas?
It is difficult to come up with original ideas as there are sooo many creative minds out there! Usually I will see something (not even necessarily food related) and then my mind will start running. For example, my Pinocchio cake pops, which were inspired by a pencil sharpener! Pinterest is also a huge inspirational site where you can find ideas and expand on them!
What are some of your favorite cake pops that you have made?
What advice do you have for other cake pop makers?
If you think cake pops are difficult, just keep trying, practice makes perfect. Read the many tutorials out there offered by other bloggers and don’t give up!
Do you make anything else in addition to cake pops?
Yes! Everything dessert for my blog.
Some non-baking questions…
- Favorite TV show or movie: I’m not a TV show person. But Homeland, seriously addicted.
- Favorite book: I really need to read more
- Favorite non-baking hobby: Horseback riding!
- Favorite candy: Hmm, sour gummy worms or Almond Joys
- Favorite celebrity: I don’t really have one…but I think Ellen is hilarious and Will Smith is super talented ;). Blogger wise, love Pioneer Woman.
- If you could have any super power, what would it be, and why? To fly! Cliché, I know.
How can people find you?