Born and raised on Long Island, married mama of two, lifetime lover of all things baking and chocolate.
When & how did you become a cake pop maker?
My friend Kathy bought me one of those cake pop machines as a thank you for helping her clean out her house. I’d been making chocolate lollipops for awhile by then, and I quickly got hooked on cake pops too! I’ve always enjoyed art and creating things, and working with cake and chocolate is just art in the form of dessert – perfect for me!
Do you bake as your full-time job?
No I don’t. I am a part-time preschool special education teacher, full time mother to a 7 year old boy and 9 year old girl, and bake in my (non-existent) spare time.
How did you come up with your business name?
I actually had to change it recently….LONG story. But I came up with this one because when I first started out, Hannah Montana was very popular. My daughter and I loved her song “Rock Star” and we used to sing “I might even be a rock star!” whenever I’d create something extra cool. I feel like a rock star sometimes when I pull off something I found particularly challenging!
What inspires you in your baking; how do you come up with original ideas?
I love to check out the work of others and tweak it with my own special touches. I’m continuously inspired by all the amazing ladies I’ve met through Instagram and am honored to be included in their incredible company being featured here with you!!
What are some of your favorite creations that you have made?
What advice do you have for other cake pop makers?
Don’t be afraid to ask others for suggestions or help if you need it. Everyone on Instagram has been so supportive and helpful whenever I’ve asked.
Do you make anything else in addition to cake pops?
Yes!! I make chocolate lollipops, chocolate dipped pretzels, marshmallows and Oreos, and candy kabobs. And I dabble in cakes just for my own kids.
Some non-baking questions…
- Favorite TV show or movie: Twenty year Young and the Restless fan. LOVE Big Brother every summer (Go Dr. Will!) And my son and I love Cake Boss. He does some amazing work with Play-Doh as fondant. I’m impressed LOL!
- Favorite book: Anything by James Patterson and Harlan Coban and Dan Brown
- Favorite non-baking hobby: Taking pictures with my new super cool pink dslr camera!
- Favorite candy: Dark chocolate Milky Ways, Reese’s PB Cups, Sno-caps, and sour gummies.
- Favorite celebrity: As a kid I adored Corey Haim and Susanna Hoffs from The Bangles.
- If you could have any super power, what would it be, and why? To be a healer, and make everyone feel better 🙂 I try to do that with chocolate instead!
How can people find you?
What area do you serve/sell to? Long Island, NY but I ship nationwide.
Do you ship your cake pops? No, for freshness reasons. But my chocolate lollipops, pretzels, and Oreos travel well!
What’s the best way for people to order from you? Via email or Facebook. Can’t wait to hear from you!