Does anyone know what next Wednesday is? Any guesses?
Below are some quick facts from our journey so far…
- Number of stands sold since opening (4/17/11): 1,374 stands
- Countries shipped to: Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland & United Kingdom (& United States, of course)
- Most frequent customers: 11% of all orders have shipped to California
- Biggest single sale: 20 skinny mini stands to Ra Pour Restaurant
- Number of times our stands have been used by Bakerella: four blog posts & the video trailer for Cake Pops Holiday
So far, in our two years of business, my most cherished memory is meeting Bakerella (11/4/12). Looking at pics of that day still bring tears to my eyes. (I’m honestly sitting here typing, all choked up… such a special moment).
*drying my eyes* So, hey! 🙂 Did you know… most of our products started out as custom requests?
- First “Skinny Mini” stand: custom request for Sweet Devotion in July, 2011.
- First chalkboard front: custom request from Pint Sized Baker in Sept., 2011.
- First push pop stand: custom request from Go Cakes NYC in October, 2011.
- First “Double Dozen” stand: created January 2012.
One of my favorite aspects of our business is getting to know all of you talented bakers! There are so many of you that I chat with on a regular basis, and consider true friends, even though we haven’t met (yet!).
It continues to be our honor to provide the cake pop community and beyond with high-quality, handmade wooden cake pop stands to display your beautiful cake pops and other treats on a stick.
I’d also like to take this time to give a huge shout-out to my parents. Most of you know my dad, Jim – our master carpenter and shipping manager – but not too many know of my mom, Marcia. She is our number cruncher extraordinaire and helps with shipments on busy mail days. KC Bakes is a big team effort & I couldn’t do it without them.
Hmmm… how should we celebrate our 2nd birthday? With presents!
To show our gratitude and sincere appreciation of all of your support, we’ve put together a full week of giveaways – five days of 11 prizes!
Each day next week, a new post will go live at 6:00am EST with a new set of prizes. The deadline to enter will be 11:00pm EST each evening for that day’s giveaway.
Please be sure to subscribe to our blog so that you don’t miss out on all of the excitement!
– If you are signed into WordPress, click on the “Follow” button at the top/right
– For non-WordPress members, you can enter your email address at the top/right
Good luck, we hope you enjoy it!