I’m from Santiago, Chile. Music has always been my number one passion until I set foot into a kitchen. I’ve been baking for a couple of years; started out as just for fun and now it’s basically my life and I can’t complain!
When & how did you become a cake pop maker?
About two years ago, I got laid off a job. Since the economy isn’t doing so well and finding a new job was nearly impossible, I decided to take things into my own hands. Why not do something I love and can do it in the comfort of my own home?
Do you bake as your full-time job?
Yes I do! As many of you may know, cake popping is NOT an easy task and can become very tedious. I have days where I catch up on all my shows with OnDemand (thank you Comcast!) while cake popping and it helps the time fly by. There are other days where I have a very long “Sing Along” playlist on Spotify and just sing diva songs all day while I’m rolling and dipping. Good thing I’m home alone most of the day because my family would think I am wayyy weirder than what they already think I am.
What inspires you in your baking; how do you come up with original ideas?
Since I have no professional training, I usually use Pinterest and Google Search for most of my inspiration. I get bits and pieces from lots of different cake pops and add a little bit of my own flair and come up with something interesting. I’m a perfectionist, so in order for me to be satisfied with a new design it has to be impeccable, even though it doesn’t always turn out that way.
What are some of your favorite cake pops that you have made?
What advice do you have for other cake pop makers?
Patience and practice makes perfect! Also, take a class! You get to meet local cake poppers and start a community around you! Plus, you may learn new things not only from the teacher but from the students around you… give it a try.
Do you make anything else in addition to cake pops?
I am 1/2 of a Lifestyle Blog called Tarnished Youth ~ Check us out! Lots of DIYs and just girly stuff that I’m sure all of you will love! http://tarnishedyouth.com/
OK, some non-baking questions… 🙂
- Favorite TV show or movie: Right now I’m really enjoying Girls on HBO but my all-time favorite TV series would be Friends (I’m watching re-runs as I’m typing!). As for my favorite movie? Such a tough question! I can’t choose between Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Clueless, Scott Pilgrim vs The World or The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- Favorite book: I’m in a book club and honestly I can’t choose favorites! Obviously, I love the Harry Potter series. I love The Great Gatsby, The Help and recently I read La Dame Aux Camille and I absolutely adored it! I 100% recommend it!
- Favorite candy: Snow Caps!!!
- Favorite celebrity: This changes about every week but right now I have to say BEYONCE! I’m trying to lose weight and her body is my number ONE inspiration! How perfect is she? C’mon!
- If you could have any super power, what would it be, and why? I’m not sure if this is considered a super power but I would love to be a witch! Where’s my Hogwards Letter already? Wingardium Leviosa!
How can people find you?
What area do you serve/sell to? South Florida
Do you ship your cake pops? Not at this time.
What’s the best way for people to order from you? Call me! (305) 305-8194