Today’s post comes from Nicole, of Bella’s Bakery & Bowtique. I spotted these absolutely incredible cake pops of hers on Instagram, and she was kind enough to share some of her secrets! Seriously, how awesome are these pops?
Hi everyone! I don’t know about you, but I love dressing up my cake pop sticks using Washi tape – I think it’s such a great option for customers. I bought my Washi tape on Pickyourplum‘s website. (One of my popper friends found some Washi tape at Target, so it’s becoming more popular by the minute!)
Mix and match colors to really make your pops stand out. I used 4 different washitape patterns and put them on long sticks. Leave about an inch or so on the bottom of the stick uncovered, so that the cake pop doesn’t overlap with the tape.
Now, let’s talk about the bling! I made 4 different color edible jewels using isomalt sticks and food coloring.
- Break a stick in half and place in a microwavable cup. Microwave in 15-second increments until isomalt melts into a clear, liquid consistency and bubbles form. Caution: it will be extremely hot, so give it your full attention.
- Pour isomalt into heat-proof molds. I used Mold #8H-5119 (use with white plastic molds NOT clear)
- Add a drop or two of food coloring for different colored jewels. I used a toothpick to stir.
- Work quickly as isomalt dries fast.
- I used cotton gloves when I put them on the cake pops to prevent fingerprints.
- Keep unused Isomalt Sticks in a ziplock bag at room temp.
- Finished pieces should be placed in an air tight container as well until just before use. Do not refrigerate.
- Leftover isomalt can be poured onto a Silpat mat, cooled and stored.
I bought all of my supplies here: Classic Cake Great customer service! Enjoy!
Bella’s Bakery & Bowtique
Instagram – bellabakery
Facebook – www.facebook.com/BellasBakeryandBowtique