For Day 3 of our Birthday Week of Giveaways, I have a very tasty treat for you… actually, Mandy from Waiting on Martha does!
Waiting on Martha is a fantastic lifestyle website that curates amazing content in their four cornerstone topic areas: Eat, Shop, Live, Do. Mandy has incredible style, and really I love her Pinterest posts on the latest fashion trends (and I secretly wish I could raid her closet, lol). She’s also a whiz in the kitchen, creating mouth-watering recipe tutorials.
So for today’s Giveaway Day, I turn the reigns over to Mandy to tempt your taste buds with an awesome recipe & an incredibly generous giveaway!
Waiting On Martha’s Mini Strawberry Cream Pies + Our Baking Essentials Basket Giveaway
With strawberry season at it’s peak, what could be better than a fresh, homemade Strawberry Cream Pie? Nothing, especially if it’s this strawberry cream pie recipe which has been passed down in our family from generation to generation… if you place this pie in my father’s presence it will be gone before the sun sets.
Don’t be intimidated by the recipe, I promise you it’s easier than it sounds, and though it’s for a whole pie it easily makes 4 of the mini pies as shown below – – I just love the miniature version, so adorable!
Wait, wait there’s more… as if sharing this deeply coveted family recipe isn’t enough in celebration of KC Bakes one year anniversary, we’re giving away a basket of our baking essentials which retails for over $150!
So let’s eat some pie, Loves! xoxo, Mandy
Waiting On Martha’s Strawberry Cream Pie
FOR THE CUSTARD
3 cups milk
½ cup sugar
2 1/2-3 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
FOR THE GLAZE/FILLING
1 ½ cups water
1 ½ cups sugar
¼ cup corn starch
Red food coloring
1-2 Quarts of small strawberries or large strawberries cut into halves or quarters
- Cook pie crust or pie crusts according to directions (I bought pre made ready to bake mini pie shells from Whole Foods)
- Combine all custard ingredients together, whisk and cook on high until it begins to thicken and pull away from the pan. (Begin with 2 1/2 tablespoons of corn starch and add up to an additional 1 tablespoon if the custard doesn’t thicken)
- Once thick, pour into baked pie shells or set aside to cool
- Combine all glaze/filling ingredients together and cook until thick
- Once thick add strawberries and remove from heat.
- Pour mixture on top of custard.
- Cool overnight. Once cooled add whipped cream, serve and devour!
Now on to the Giveaway…
Waiting on Martha’s “Baking Essentials” Gift Basket includes all of my favs…
- Vintage wire basket
- Baked Goods ribbons, gift tags, and twine for labeling and gifting your homemade treats
- Striped and polka dot paper straws… not only are they the perfect drink accessory but they make fun cake pop sticks
- Make My Day silicon adopt-a-bowls for all of your ingredients
- Nielsen Massey Vanilla from Williams-Sonoma
- Williams-Sonoma Banana Caramel Quick Bread…beyond yummy
- Martha Stewart Silpat Mats… my FAVORITE kitchen must have!
- Measuring spoons… no explanation needed
- Ice Cream Scoop… obviously for ice cream but also the easiest and most consistent way to scoop cupcake and muffin batter in to the pans
- Wilton Chocolate… my go-to chocolate for cake pops
- Waiting On Martha beaded gemstone bracelet… just because you’re baking doesn’t mean you can’t be fashionable
Sign up to receive Waiting On Martha emails & updates by visiting Waiting on Martha – scroll to the bottom, and enter your email address in the “Stay Updated” area. Make sure you leave a comment on this blog post so that KC Bakes knows you did so.
In the same comment, tell us something you love about Waiting On Martha’s site… are you a foodie? a fashionista? Let us know!
FOR EXTRA ENTRIES: (Make sure you leave an individual comment for each action below, or they won’t count.)
- Like Waiting On Martha on Facebook
- Follow Waiting On Martha on Twitter
- Follow Waiting On Martha on Pinterest
- Add Waiting On Martha Etsy Shop as a Favorite & leave a comment telling us which is your favorite piece in their shop.
- Like KC Bakes on Facebook.
- Follow KC Bakes on Twitter.
- Subscribe to KC Bakes’ blog.
- Share this contest on your Facebook page… I just entered Cake Pop Stands by KCbakes Birthday Week of Giveaways – Day 3 with Waiting On Martha! Check it out: http://wp.me/p1Yywv-ju (Tag KC Bakes & WOM if you know how to).
- Tweet about the contest… I just entered @KCbakes Birthday Week of Giveaways – Day 3 with @WaitingOnMartha! Check it out: http://wp.me/p1Yywv-ju
- Deadline to enter: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 11:00pm EST. Any comments left after this time will not be considered.
- This is open to U.S. Residents only. Must be 18 years of age.
- To add an Etsy Shop as a Favorite, click on the links in #4. On the left menu, at the bottom, under the Actions heading, there’s a red heart and link that says “Add to favorites”. You will need to be logged into Etsy to do this.
- If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com. Please do not leave questions in the comment section.
AND THE WINNER IS…………